Promoting healthy eating during coronavirus (COVID-19)
For the latest information on the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, visit:
Health promotion organisations and practitioners can also visit VicHealth's Health Promotion Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resource Hub.
The Healthy Eating Advisory Service (HEAS) is still here for you during this time. Working through our online and telephone capacity, we will continue to help you work on providing healthy foods and drinks to the staff, students, visitors and other people in your organisation.
Information for your organisation
Read more about how you can promote healthy eating in:
- early childhood services
- organisations, including hospitals and health services, sport and recreation centres, universities, and workplaces. and food businesses
Subscribe to our mailing list to get an alert when new content is added.
Connect with us
Our free infoline is still open.
When you call HEAS on 1300 22 52 88, one of our friendly staff will take your details, and get the most relevant person to call or email you back.
You can also continue to email us here, or continue browsing this website for information and services.
If you are currently providing foods and drinks
If you are having trouble accessing regular food and drink supplies, follow us on Facebook and Instagram for regular tips on suitable ingredient swaps, and nutritious meal and snack ideas using limited ingredients. We’ll also continue to compile this advice in our coronavirus resource hub.
You can also find GREEN and AMBER products online using FoodChecker.
If your food business has begun providing takeaway or delivery only, you may have new questions or needs arising from this change. You can call or email us at any time to discuss how we can help you supply nutritious foods and drinks in Victoria at this time.
If you are not currently providing foods and drinks
For those of you that have closed your physical premises, you may wish to continue working on your food service in the background.
You can continue to:
- assess your menus, products, recipes, or vending machines for free using FoodChecker for free
- learn about the guidelines relevant to you and providing healthy foods and drinks in our free online training
- contact us with any questions.
And stay on this website for information on:
- food and drink guidelines
- planning a healthy menu
- recipes and healthy food and drink ideas
- developing a healthy eating policy
- including healthy food and drinks requirements in commercial contracts and tenders
- promoting healthy eating in your organisation.
Yours in good health,
The Healthy Eating Advisory Service