Healthy eating in long day care
This online training module has been created for cooks, directors and all staff working in long day care services.
By completing this module you will learn:
- why healthy eating is important for children
- how long day care services can help children develop healthy eating habits
- how to plan a menu using the menu planning checklist for long day care
- how to deal with challenges such as food costs and allergies
- how the Healthy Eating Advisory Service can help you
This training is available free of charge and can be undertaken at a time and place to suit you. The module will take about 45 - 60 minutes to work through and you'll receive a certificate on completion.
To get started, all you need to do is register or login if you have already registered.