Training for outside school hours care
Learn how to plan healthy menus and promote healthy eating in your outside school hours care service with our free online training.
Training is recommended for coordinators, educators, and management of Victorian outside school hours care services.
It will provide you with the essential knowledge and skills to meet the healthy eating requirements of the National Quality Standard, Education and Care Services National Law and the Education and Care Services National Regulations.
You can do online training anywhere, anytime. It takes less than one hour to finish, and you can do it at your own pace by saving your progress as you go. You will be able to download a certificate after completing a short post-training questionnaire.
You will learn:
- about the Victorian Food and drink checklist for outside school hours care
- how to plan a healthy menu
- simple meal, snack and drink ideas for children
- healthy ingredient swaps and shopping tips
- ways to deal with challenges like food allergies and budgeting
- how to promote healthy food and drinks choices to children
- and much more!
"It was very informative, and exactly what I needed to reinforce my approach to policies and procedures for our program. We're now encouraging all staff to complete this course. A worthwhile 50 mins!"
Want to organise a training workshop?
We can also deliver group training workshops online or in person. Please contact us to enquire about hosting a session.