Training for retail food outlets and caterers
Designed for caterers, chefs and cooks in retail food outlets.
"It was a great information session. Now I know go looking for the healthier ‘Green’ foods everywhere I go. All businesses with a canteen should attend."
- Eva Milekovic, Polar Fresh
In this three hour workshop, you will learn how to provide foods and drinks that are in line with Healthy Choices guidelines.
The workshop will be facilitated by a dietitian or nutritionist from the Healthy Eating Advisory Service. All materials will be provided on the day and you will receive a certificate of completion at the end.
- Overview of Healthy Choices guidelines for retail food outlets and caterers
- Ingredient swaps and recipe modifications
- Sourcing healthier products
- Promoting and marketing healthier items
- Links with the Achievement Program (for workplaces)
- How the Healthy Eating Advisory Service can support you
*Training is available for retail food outlets in places such as hospitals, health services, sport and recreation centres, tertiary institutions and parks as well as retail food outlets and caterers that supply workplaces.
Please note: this session is not suitable for chefs and cooks working in hospital inpatient food services.
Dates and locations for 2017 training sessions will be added here. Please join our mailing list to find out when new workshops are scheduled.
|LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA||
TIME AND DATE
REGISTRATION AND ENQUIRIES
|Please contact us to book a session.||