* NUT FREE * DAIRY FREE
|Ingredients||10 serves||15 serves||25 serves|
|Chicken mince, lean||1kg||1.5kg||2.5kg|
|Breadcrumbs, dried (plus extra for covering patties)||100g||150g||250g|
|Mixed herbs, fresh, finely chopped||30g||45g||75g|
|Onion (medium), finely grated||1||1 ½||2 ½|
|Apple (medium), finely grated||1||1 ½||2 ½|
|Carrot (small), finely grated||1||1 ½||2 ½|
|Zucchini (small), finely grated||1||1 ½||2 ½|
|Bread rolls, wholemeal or wholegrain||10||15||25|
|Cos lettuce, washed||10 leaves||15 leaves||25 leaves|
|Cucumber (small), sliced||2||3||5|
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place the chicken mince, breadcrumbs, egg, herbs, onion, apple, carrot and zucchini into a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Divide burger mixture into equal sized balls.
- Place each ball onto a board sprinkled with breadcrumbs, gently press each ball into a flat patty shape, and cover both sides with breadcrumbs.
- Oven bake patties for 15 to 20 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Place each cooked patty onto the base of a sliced bread roll and top with lettuce, tomato and cucumber.
- Coriander can be used to give the patties a Thai flavour.
- Add extra salad ingredients, such as canned beetroot slices, pineapple rings, grated carrot, reduced fat cheese or roast capsicum, for a ‘deluxe’ GREEN burger.
- Lean pork or beef mince can be used instead of chicken. If using beef, omit the grated apple.
- For extra flavour spread the roll with onion relish.
Healthy Choices category: GREEN (Best choice)
The nutritional information provided is based on the exact ingredients and method as shown. Any variation/s to the ingredients or method may alter the nutritional outcome.