We're running an exciting competition to find the best long day care recipes in the state!
Experiences with food create life-long habits, happy memories and inspiration to learn new things about the world. Your centre's food and recipes help set the foundations of this journey!
We're looking for recipes across several categories in a bid to celebrate the importance of nutritious food provision and education in helping to establish healthy food and drink habits in young children.
- Fun with fruit and veg
- Celebrating culture
- Connecting kitchen to garden
- Cheap and cheerful
- Cooking with kids
- Wastage warriors
*for more information on each category click the competition page link below
As a celebration of the wonderful recipes received, we will be compiling a book of the most creative, nutritious and inspiring submissions.
By entering, your centre could win one of the following prizes:
- Fun with fruit and veg - $400 good guys gift card
- Celebrating culture - $400 koori curriculum gift card
- Connecting kitchen to garden - Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden Foundation early childhood kitchen garden program classroom membership and kitchen garden cooking with kids by Stephanie Alexander valued at $350 (sponsored by SAKGF)
- Cheap and cheerful - $400 kitchen warehouse gift card
- Cooking in the classroom - $250 modern teaching aids voucher (sponsored by Modern Teaching Aids) + $150 good guys gift card
- Wastage warriors - $400 bunnings warehouse gift card
The competition is open from 27 June to 29 July. For more information including submission requirements, how to enter and competition Ts and Cs click here.