Recipe adapted with permission from Cooking for kids with food allergy, Department of Nutrition and Food Service, Royal Children’s Hospital, Melbourne. The nutritional information provided is based on the exact ingredients and method as shown. Any variation/s to the ingredients or method may alter the nutritional outcome.
- Cook rice according to packet instructions.
- Peel and chop onion and pumpkin.
- Slice carrot, celery, zucchini and beans into bite-sized pieces.
- Dice chicken into bite sized-pieces.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, carrot and celery. Cook gently for 5 minutes.
- Add curry powder and cook for a further 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add pumpkin, zucchini and beans and cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add chicken, canned tomatoes and sultanas to pan. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour.
- Serve with rice, chopped pineapple and yoghurt.
This recipe does not account for potential contamination that may occur through manufacturing and processing. Ingredients in this recipe may still have precautionary allergen food labelling (e.g. “may contain traces of”).
When preparing this recipe, it is important to:
- double-check the label of ingredients every time you make it
- prevent any contamination during preparation, cooking and serving.
- Serve with barley or flat bread for something different.
- You can swap the vegetables in the recipe with other varieties such as potato, cauliflower or broccoli, or any vegetables that are in season.