Training for long day care
Learn how to plan healthy menus and promote healthy eating with our free online training
Training is recommended for cooks, directors and educators of Victorian long day care services.
It will provide you with the essential knowledge and skills to meet the healthy eating requirements of the National Quality Standard, Education and Care Services National Law and the Education and Care Services National Regulations, and Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework outcomes.
You can do online training anywhere, anytime. It takes less than one hour to finish, and you can do it at your own pace by saving your progress as you go. You will be able to download a certificate after completing a short post-training questionnaire.
You will learn:
- about the Victorian Menu planning guidelines for long day care
- how to plan healthy menus online using FoodChecker
- simple meal, snack and drink ideas for children
- healthy ingredient swaps and shopping tips
- ways to deal with challenges like food allergies and budgeting
- how educators can promote healthy eating at meal times and play time
- and much more!
"This course provides a lot of information which can we use everyday. I would fully recommended this course to every childcare educator in Australia."
Want to organise a training workshop?
We can also deliver a three hour training workshop via face to face or online. Please contact us to enquire about hosting a session in your local community.