The nutritional information provided is based on the exact ingredients and method as shown. Any variation/s to the ingredients or method may alter the nutritional outcome.
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C.
- In a medium bowl, mash the bananas with a fork and mix in vanilla essence.
- Add the baking soda and milk.
- In a separate bowl, lightly beat the eggs and add the oil, then add the banana mixture, stirring well.
- In a large bowl, sift the flours and cocoa together, then add the sugar.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour mix. Slowly add the liquid ingredients and the raspberries, then fold to combine. Be careful not to over stir.
- Pour mixture directly into non-stick muffin trays, or line with paper cases, and bake for 20–25 minutes.
- Take muffins out of tray and allow to cool on a cake rack.
- For variety, replace the raspberries with different types of seasonal fruit, frozen fruit or canned fruit, such as canned peaches (in natural juice).
- You can also leave out the raspberries and increase the oil to ½ cup (12 serves) for Cocoabanana muffins.
Featured recipesExplore more recipes
Written and reviewed by dietitians and nutritionists at Nutrition Australia, with support from the Victorian Government.