Recipe adapted from ‘Go for your life’ Canteens Advisory Service, with permission from the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services. The nutritional information provided is based on the exact ingredients and method as shown. Any variation/s to the ingredients or method may alter the nutritional outcome.
- Process the oats, dates and cinnamon in a food processor.
- Add the honey and mix with a wooden spoon or spatula to make a sticky consistency.
- Roll 1 teaspoon of the mixture into balls.
- Lightly roll each ball in coconut then refrigerate for 30 mins before serving.
For variation, you can replace the dates with another type of dried fruit, such as apricots.
- These truffles are a healthier alternative to replace lollies and confectionery in the school canteen.
- Sell 1–2 truffles per serving for a select carefully school canteen option.
Featured recipesExplore more recipes
Written and reviewed by dietitians and nutritionists at Nutrition Australia, with support from the Victorian Government.