The nutritional information provided is based on the exact ingredients and method as shown. Any variation/s to the ingredients or method may alter the nutritional outcome.
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C.
- In a medium bowl, mash the bananas with a fork then mix in the vanilla essence.
- Add the baking soda and milk.
- In a separate bowl, lightly beat the eggs and add the oil, then add the banana mixture, stirring well.
- In a large bowl, sift the flours and cocoa together, then add the sugar.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour mix. Slowly add the liquid ingredients and fold to combine. Be careful not to over stir.
- Pour mixture directly into non-stick muffin trays, or line with paper cases, and bake for 15–20 minutes.
- Take muffins out of tray and allow to cool on a cake rack.
- For variety, reduce oil to only 1/3 cup and add 1 cup frozen raspberries.
- Alternatively, replace the raspberries with different types of seasonal fruit, frozen fruit or canned fruit, such as canned peaches (in natural juice).
Featured recipesExplore more recipes
Written and reviewed by dietitians and nutritionists at Nutrition Australia, with support from the Victorian Government.