Recipe reproduced with permission of Hurstbridge Primary School. The nutritional information provided is based on the exact ingredients and method as shown. Any variation/s to the ingredients or method may alter the nutritional outcome.
- Heat oil in large saucepan.
- Add onion, pumpkin, carrots, potatoes and leek. Cook over a medium to high heat for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour in stock, water and rinsed lentils.
- Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat and simmer covered for 30 minutes.
- Serve the soup with a slice of crusty wholemeal bread or a grainy roll.
- Soup can be frozen.
Simply defrost and reheat to serve warm on another day.
Featured recipesExplore more recipes
Written and reviewed by dietitians and nutritionists at Nutrition Australia, with support from the Victorian Government.