The nutritional information provided is based on the exact ingredients and method as shown. Any variation/s to the ingredients or method may alter the nutritional outcome.
- Cook rice according to packet instructions. Allow to dry out (this may be prepared the day before and refrigerated overnight).
- Wash the carrot, capsicum and spring onion and dice into small pieces (discarding capsicum seeds and stalk).
- Heat half the oil in a pan and add the spring onion and ginger. Gently cook.
- Add carrot and capsicum to pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add peas and corn and continue to cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice and soy sauce. Stir to heat through.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk.
- In a separate fry pan, add the remaining oil. When the oil is hot, add the whisked eggs and cook on moderate heat until just set.
- Remove eggs from fry pan, cut into 1cm strips and stir through the rice and vegetables.
- For an egg free option replace egg with chicken or tofu (see quantity recommendations below).
- For a gluten/wheat free option, ensure soy sauce is gluten free.
Use tofu as an alternative to eggs. Brown tofu on both sides in a separate pan and then stir through rice and vegetables.
- For 6 serves use 510g
- For 25 serves use 2.1kg
- For 60 serves use 5.1kg.
- For a non-vegetarian meal, add minced chicken, pork, beef or turkey between Steps 3 and 4, and omit or reduce eggs. For 6 serves use 300g, for 25 serves use 1.25kg and for 60 serves use 3kg.
Written and reviewed by dietitians and nutritionists at Nutrition Australia, with support from the Victorian Government.