g Best choice GF Gluten free Main meal
This recipe was developed by chefs at Western District Health Service.
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C.
- Cook the potatoes for 45minutes to 1 hour or until no resistance is felt when tested with a knife or skewer.
- In a pot heat the oil and add the onion and garlic, fry off for 5-10 minutes, browning slightly.
- Add the carrot and cook for a further 10 minutes. Pour in the lentils and the stock, bring to the boil and turn down to a simmer, cook until the lentils have begun to break down.
- Stir through the spinach and the lamb shoulder meat and bring back to a simmer, turn off heat.
- Cut a potato cross ways and spread out, spoon the lamb mixture on and crumble the feta over the top. Put back into the oven for 10 minutes, serve.
Written and reviewed by dietitians and nutritionists at Nutrition Australia, with support from the Victorian Government.