The nutritional information provided is based on the exact ingredients and method as shown. Any variation/s to the ingredients or method may alter the nutritional outcome.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Lightly grease a large oven proof dish. If making in larger quantities, you may need more than one dish.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan, and add the onion, garlic and sweet potato then sauté until the onion is transparent.
- Add capsicum, ham, broccoli and mushrooms and cook until the broccoli and the sweet potato are soft.
- Add the spinach and stir to combine.
- Transfer vegetable mixture to a bowl and allow to cool slightly.
- Using your hands, gently squeeze the vegetable mix and discard any excess water.
- Place mixture into the prepared oven proof dish.
- Whisk the eggs and milk in a large bowl. When combined, pour over the vegetable mixture and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 60 minutes, or until the egg is cooked through and golden brown on top.
- Leave out the ham to make this a vegetarian option.
- Replace the ham with tuna (canned in spring water) for a tasty alternative option.
Written and reviewed by dietitians and nutritionists at Nutrition Australia, with support from the Victorian Government.