The nutritional information provided is based on the exact ingredients and method as shown. Any variation/s to the ingredients or method may alter the nutritional outcome.
- Cook rice according to packet instructions.
- Heat half the oil in a large wok over high heat. Add the eggs and swirl to make an omelette. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes until cooked through, then slide onto a chopping board to cool.
- Heat the remaining oil. Add the carrot, peas and capsicum and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Slice the omelette into thin strips and return to the wok. Add the rice and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce and half the spring onions. Stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- Serve the fried rice garnished with the remaining spring onions.
- For a non-vegetarian variation, add lean bacon (fat removed) or cooked chicken breast at Step 3.
Written and reviewed by dietitians and nutritionists at Nutrition Australia, with support from the Victorian Government.