g Best choice GF Gluten free Main meal
This recipe was developed by chefs at Western District Health Service.
- Pre heat the oven to 180°c.
- Cook the potatoes for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until tender when tested with a skewer or knife.
- Heat the oil in a pot, fry off the onion, garlic and celery until soft. Add the mince and brown, add the chilli, cook for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the tomato, kidney beans, parsley, pepper and salt, stir well, bring to the boil, reduce heat and cook for 30-40 minutes or until thickened.
- Cut a cross in the top of the potato, put a good amount of spinach in the potato, top with spoonful’s of the meat mixture and cheese.
- Put back in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese has melted, serve.
Written and reviewed by dietitians and nutritionists at Nutrition Australia, with support from the Victorian Government.