g Best choice V Vegetarian NF Nut free GF Gluten free EF Egg free Main meal
This recipe was developed by chefs at Western District Health Service.
- Soak Berlotti beans in water, twice as much water as there are beans, overnight in cool room.
- Heat oil in a large pot, sweat off onion and garlic.
- Add Carrot, celery, capsicum and basil, cook down for 10 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and stir well.
- Add crushed tomato, berlotti beans and the chicken stock, bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 45-50 minutes or until vegetables are tender and berlotti beans are soft.
- Add pasta and cook for a further 15 minutes or until pasta is cooked, add the chopped parsley, season with pepper.
- Serve with parmesan.
Written and reviewed by dietitians and nutritionists at Nutrition Australia, with support from the Victorian Government.