The nutritional information provided is based on the exact ingredients and method as shown. Any variation/s to the ingredients or method may alter the nutritional outcome.
- To prepare the skewers:
- Soak skewers in shallow dish of cold water for 30 minutes. Drain.
- Thread chicken onto skewers (leave at least 2cm free at one end of the skewers so that they can be held easily). Place in a shallow dish.
- Combine half the oil and all remaining ingredients in a bowl and stir well to make the marinade. Pour marinade over the skewers and turn to coat.
- Cover the skewers and refrigerate for at least 1 hour (or overnight).
- When ready to cook:
- Heat a BBQ plate to high and brush lightly with remaining olive oil.
- Remove skewers from dish and transfer to BBQ plate. Cook for 3 min on each side or until cooked through. Serve.
- Serve with a side salad and baked potato to make a more substantial meal (we recommend catering 2-3 skewers per person if serving as a meal).
Written and reviewed by dietitians and nutritionists at Nutrition Australia, with support from the Victorian Government.