The nutritional information provided is based on the exact ingredients and method as shown. Any variation/s to the ingredients or method may alter the nutritional outcome.
- Cook broccoli, zucchini and garlic in a large saucepan of boiling water for 3 to 5 minutes or until the broccoli is just tender and bright green. Take care not to over-cook.
- Using a slotted spoon, scoop vegetables and garlic into a food processor with ½ cup of the cooking water, basil, cream cheese, parmesan and pepper. Blend until a smooth sauce is formed.
- Using the same pot of water, cook pasta according to packet directions. Drain.
- Pour broccoli sauce into a separate saucepan, stir through the peas and cook, over low heat, for 3 minutes or until peas are just cooked. Add the cooked pasta and toss to combine.
- Serve pasta topped with a sprinkling of shaved parmesan and black pepper.
- Try adding cherry tomatoes, or cooked asparagus spears (chopped) in step 4 to add some extra flavour.
Written and reviewed by dietitians and nutritionists at Nutrition Australia, with support from the Victorian Government.