g Best choice GF Gluten free EF Egg free DF Dairy free Main meal
This recipe was developed by chefs at Western District Health Service.
- Pre heat oven to 150oc
- Heat a pan or grill and brown the pork cut on all sides.
- Put the onion, carrot and celery in a gastronorm tray, sit the pork on top.
- Mix together the garlic, oregano, tomato paste and pepper, spread this over the pork.
- Pour the stock into the tray and cover with grease proof paper and foil.
- Cook the larger cuts for 4 – 4 ½ hours or until coming away from the bone, the smaller cuts will only need approx. 2 – 2 ½ hours.
- Rest for 20 – 30 minutes once out of the oven, pull the meat from the bones and shred, strain the vegetables and discard, mix the reserved cooking liquid with the meat and store in a covered container until required.
Written and reviewed by dietitians and nutritionists at Nutrition Australia, with support from the Victorian Government.