g Best choice V Vegetarian EF Egg free Snack
This recipe was developed by chefs at Western District Health Service.
- Pre heat the oven to 190oc.
- Spray an oven tray and cook the pumpkin in the oven until browned slightly and soft, remove, tip into a bowl and mash.
- In another bowl combine sifted flour, milk powder, sautéed red onion, nutmeg, pumpkin and cheese. Make a well in the centre, add the milk and combine to a dough.
- Tip the dough out on to a lightly floured surface and knead to bring together.
- Flatten out to approx. 1-1 ½ cm thick and cut out with a cutter to desired size, re knead and repeat until all the dough is used.
- Put together on a tray with the scones just touching each other in a group. Bake at 190oc for 12 – 18 minutes or until the scones feel cooked when checked in between the joins.
- Serve warm.
Written and reviewed by dietitians and nutritionists at Nutrition Australia, with support from the Victorian Government.