The nutritional information provided is based on the exact ingredients and method as shown. Any variation/s to the ingredients or method may alter the nutritional outcome.
- Boil noodles according to packet instructions. Cover with cold water to cool and prevent further cooking and set aside.
- Heat half the sesame oil in a non-stick pan on medium heat and place the salmon fillets skin side down in the pan. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, then turn and cook for a further 2 minutes. Set aside.
- To make the salad, combine the vegetables and pumpkin seeds in a large bowl.
- To make the dressing, mix vinegars, remaining sesame oil and soy sauce in a small bowl, then pour dressing over the salad ingredients.
- Drain the noodles. Mix noodles through the salad ingredients and toss to combine; making sure the dressing is evenly dispersed.
- Serve the salad topped with chunks of salmon.
- For a vegetarian option, top with grilled tofu steaks marinated in garlic, lemon and chilli.
- Baked salmon is a lower fat option as no oil is used. Lay the fillets on a baking tray lined with grease proof paper, and cook at 200°C for approximately 10 to 15 minutes. Note that cooking times will vary depending on the thickness of the fish.
Written and reviewed by dietitians and nutritionists at Nutrition Australia, with support from the Victorian Government.