The nutritional information provided is based on the exact ingredients and method as shown. Any variation/s to the ingredients or method may alter the nutritional outcome.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and cinnamon into a bowl.
- Stir the melted margarine and dates together in a separate bowl. Add the banana and carrot to the date and margarine mixture and mix well.
- Whisk in the yoghurt and eggs.
- Fold in the flour mixture, taking care not to over-mix.
- Spoon the mixture into a loaf tin lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Cool in the loaf tin for 10 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cut into 12 (or more) squares to serve.
- Cake can be served warm or cold.
- Cake can be kept in an airtight container for up to three days.
- For variation, try replacing the dates with ¼ cup walnuts.
Written and reviewed by dietitians and nutritionists at Nutrition Australia, with support from the Victorian Government.