The nutritional information provided is based on the exact ingredients and method as shown. Any variation/s to the ingredients or method may alter the nutritional outcome.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Lightly brush mushrooms on both sides with olive oil. Place mushrooms upside-down on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, sun dried tomatoes, olives, parmesan, oregano, egg and half the parsley. Mix well and season with black pepper to taste.
- Divide the ricotta mixture evenly between the mushrooms, piling the mixture roughly in the centre.
- Bake mushrooms for 15–20 minutes or until the topping is slightly golden, and the mushrooms are tender. Sprinkle mushrooms with extra chopped parsley to serve.
- For an entree or light meal option, serve with a simple green salad.
Written and reviewed by dietitians and nutritionists at Nutrition Australia, with support from the Victorian Government.