The nutritional information provided is based on the exact ingredients and method as shown. Any variation/s to the ingredients or method may alter the nutritional outcome.
- Lightly spray a heavy based non-stick saucepan with canola oil.
- Sauté the garlic, onion, capsicum, zucchini, celery and mushrooms until tender.
- Add the cooked chicken and heat through.
- Add the remaining sauce ingredients and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until sauce thickens.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to the packet instructions.
- Stir the sauce through the cooked penne. Serve immediately.
Written and reviewed by dietitians and nutritionists at Nutrition Australia, with support from the Victorian Government.