g Best choice VG Vegan V Vegetarian GF Gluten free EF Egg free DF Dairy free Main meal
This recipe was developed by chefs at Western District Health Service.
- Heat the oven to 180c.
- Bake the potatoes for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until tender when tested with a knife or skewer.
- In a large pot, heat the oil and fry off the onion, cumin, garam marsala, turmeric, garlic, ginger and chilli until fragrant, 5 minutes approx...
- Add the celery and carrot, cook for a further 5 minutes, tip a small amount of water in if the spices begin to stick.
- Pour in the lentils and the stock, bring to the boil and reduce to a simmer, cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until lentils begin to break down.
- Add the pepper, salt and the spinach, cook stirring for a further 5-10 minutes until spinach is wilted and combined.
- Cut a cross in the potato and spread apart, spoon some of the dahl into the centre of the potato and re-heat in the oven for 10 minutes, serve hot.
Written and reviewed by dietitians and nutritionists at Nutrition Australia, with support from the Victorian Government.