Recipe adapted with permission from Cooking for kids with food allergy, Department of Nutrition and Food Service, Royal Children’s Hospital, Melbourne.
The nutritional information provided is based on the exact ingredients and method as shown. Any variation/s to the ingredients or method may alter the nutritional outcome.
- Mix rice and rice milk in a large bowl. Cook in the microwave on medium for 2 minutes, then stir.
- Cook for a further 3 minutes on medium (this can be done on the stove if required. Cooking times will vary.)
- Mix egg replacer with water. Add to rice mixture. Add golden syrup and stir to combine.
- Cook in the microwave on high for 2 minutes (this can be done on the stove if required). Allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
This recipe does not account for potential contamination that may occur through manufacturing and processing. Ingredients in this recipe may still have precautionary allergen food labelling (e.g. “may contain traces of”).
When preparing this recipe, it is important to:
- double-check the label of ingredients every time you make it
- prevent any contamination during preparation, cooking and serving.
- Serve with stewed or fresh fruit.
Allergy friendly recipes
Written and reviewed by dietitians and nutritionists at Nutrition Australia, with support from the Victorian Government.