g Best choice GF Gluten free EF Egg free DF Dairy free Main meal Allergy Friendly
This recipe was developed by chefs at Western District Health Service.
- Heat the oven to 150oc.
- Heat a pan or wide pot. Score the lamb all over and rub with the Moroccan spice.
- Seal the lamb in the pan until browned on each side.
- Deglaze the pan with a little bit of the stock and tip into a roasting dish.
- Line the bottom of the roasting dish with the onion and carrot.
- Put the lamb on top and sprinkle with the paprika, squeeze the thyme in your hand and throw into the dish, on and around the lamb.
- Cut slits in the lamb and push the garlic cloves into the slits.
- Pour the remaining stock into the dish and cover with grease proof paper and foil.
- Put in the oven for approx. 3-3 ½ hour or until meat easily pulls of the bone.
- Allow to rest for 30 minutes under the foil then pull the meat off the bone using folks in a dragging motion. Mix the meat with the reserved pan juices. Refrigerate if not using straight away.
Register your interest
"*" indicates required fields