Training for schools
A free training workshop for paid and voluntary canteen staff in Victorian primary and secondary schools.
In this three hour workshop, you will learn how to provide foods and drinks that meet the requirements of the School Canteens and Other School Food Services Policy and promote healthy eating to children and adolescents.
The workshop will be facilitated by a dietitian or nutritionist from the Healthy Eating Advisory Service.
All materials will be provided on the day and you will receive a certificate of completion at the end.
- healthy eating for children and adolescents
- planning healthy menus in line with the School Canteens and Other School Food Services Policy
- healthy meal, snack and drink ideas
- promoting healthier items on your menu
- dealing with challenges such allergies and costs
- links with the Achievement Program
- how the Healthy Eating Advisory Service can help you
Training will be run in metropolitan and regional locations around Victoria. Scroll down to find an upcoming workshop near you.
Dates and locations for 2017 training sessions will be continue to be added here.
Please join our mailing list to find out when new workshops are scheduled.