The nutritional information provided is based on the exact ingredients and method as shown. Any variation/s to the ingredients or method may alter the nutritional outcome.
- Cook noodles according to packet instructions.
- Beat eggs with a fork and pour into a hot wok or non-stick pan. Cook to form a thin omelette, then set aside.
- Peel and finely dice onion.
- Slice cabbage, capsicum and broccoli into similar size pieces (discarding capsicum seeds and stalks).
- Drain and wash baby corn.
- Heat oil in pan, add onion and garlic. Gently cook until brown.
- Add all vegetables and soy sauce. Stir and cook until vegetables are tender.
- Cut cooked egg into strips.
- Cut tofu into small blocks.
- Add egg and tofu to pan. Stir for 2 to 3 minutes to heat through.
- Serve with hokkien noodles.
- For an egg free option, omit eggs and increase quantity of tofu to 85g per child.
- For a gluten/wheat free option, replace hokkien noodles with rice noodles and ensure stock and soy sauce is gluten free.
- Other vegetables which are rich in vitamin C can be added to this recipe to boost iron absorption. You can try cauliflower, zucchini, green beans or peas.
Written and reviewed by dietitians and nutritionists at Nutrition Australia, with support from the Victorian Government.