*VEGETARIAN *NUT FREE *SOY FREE
|Ingredients||6 serves||25 serves||60 serves|
|Wholemeal self-raising flour||½ cup||2 ½ cups||6 cups|
|White self-raising flour||½ cup||2 ½ cups||6 cups|
|Fruit (see tips)||250g||1kg||2.5kg|
- Sift flours into a large bowl. Make a well in the centre of the mixture.
- In a jug, whisk together milk and eggs. Pour milk and eggs into flour mixture and whisk to make a smooth batter.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, or heat a flat-based sandwich press.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of batter onto the pan or sandwich press and cook for 1 minute or until bubbles appear on surface. Turn and cook for a further minute or until golden and cooked through. Repeat until all the batter has been used.
- Serve with your choice of fruit toppings.
Each serve provides
- ½ children’s serve of fruit*
- ¾ children’s serve of grains** (flour)
- For a milk protein free option substitute the milk with an equal measure of calcium fortified soy or rice drink.
- For an egg free option replace each egg with 1 teaspoon of egg replacer and 2 tablespoons of water.
- For a wheat/gluten free option replace flour with gluten free flour (check gluten free products for soy if necessary).
- Choose from a variety of different fruit toppings such as bananas, strawberries or blueberries.
- For a flavour variation, include grated apple in the mixture at step 4. Use the amount indicated in the ingredients list.
* One children’s serve of fruit is equal to half a serve in the Australian Dietary Guidelines.
** One children’s serve of (grain) cereal foods is equal to one serve in the Australian Dietary Guidelines.
Recipe adapted from Get Up and Grow: Cooking for Children with permission of the Australian Government.
The nutritional information provided is based on the exact ingredients and method as shown. Any variation/s to the ingredients or method may alter the nutritional outcome.