* VEGETARIAN * NUT FREE
|Ingredients||Serves 10||Serves 15||Serves 25|
|Beetroot, canned||425g (canned weight undrained)||600g (canned weight undrained)||1kg (canned weight undrained)|
|Garlic cloves, peeled||1||1 ½||2 ½|
|Moroccan seasoning||½ teaspoon||¾ teaspoon||1 ¼ teaspoon|
|Pepper||to taste||to taste||to taste|
|Greek yoghurt, reduced fat||1 cup||1 ½ cups||2 ½ cups|
- Drain beetroot, discarding the liquid.
- Blend beetroot, garlic, and seasoning in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Stir in yoghurt.
- Refrigerate overnight, or for at least 2 hours before serving, to allow the flavours to develop.
- If you do not have a food processor you can finely chop the beetroot and crush the garlic, then mix by hand.
- For a healthy catering platter, serve with wholemeal pita bread and mixed vegetable sticks, such as cucumber, carrot, capsicum and celery.
- Depending on the size of your food processor, Step 2 may need to be carried out in a couple of batches.
Healthy Choices category: GREEN (Best choice)
The nutritional information provided is based on the exact ingredients and method as shown. Any variation/s to the ingredients or method may alter the nutritional outcome.