|Ingredients||10 serves||15 serves||25 serves|
|Red cabbage, shredded||½ cabbage||¾ cabbage||1 ¼ cabbages|
|Red onion, finely sliced||1 large||2 medium||3 medium|
|Carrot, grated||2 large||3 large||5 large|
|Natural yoghurt, reduced fat||½ cup||¾ cup||1 ¼ cups|
|Mayonnaise, reduced fat||½ cup||¾ cup||1 ¼ cups|
|Lemon juice||Juice of 1 lemon||Juice of 1½ lemons||Juice of 2 ½ lemons|
- Combine cabbage, onion and carrot in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together natural yoghurt, mayonnaise and lemon juice to make a dressing.
- Add dressing to vegetable mixture, stirring well to ensure vegetables are evenly coated. Refrigerate until required.
- Try adding finely chopped cucumber, capsicum or beetroot to the recipe for a colourful variation.
- Fresh herbs are packed with flavour and nutrients. Add chopped parsley, dill or coriander to boost the vitamins in this salad.
- Try offering this as a topping for a jacket potato or a side dish for a quiche or frittata in the summer months.
Healthy Choices category: AMBER (Choose carefully)
The nutritional information provided is based on the exact ingredients and method as shown. Any variation/s to the ingredients or method may alter the nutritional outcome.