Mini muesli muffins
Makes: 24 mini muffins
- 1½ cups (130g) untoasted muesli
- 1 cup (150g) wholemeal self-raising flour, sifted
- ½ cup (115g) sugar
- 1 large green apple, grated
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- ½ cup (80g) sultanas
- ½ cup (75g) pecans or other nuts, chopped*
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ⅓ cup oil (80mL), canola or light olive
- 1 cup (250mL) milk, reduced fat
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Place muesli, sifted flour, sugar, apple, carrots, sultanas and nuts* into a bowl. Mix together.
- Combine eggs, oil and milk in a separate bowl.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients and mix gently until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into 24 mini muffin cases or place in 2 x 12-hole non-stick mini muffin trays.
- Bake mini muffins for 30 minutes.
- Mini muffin trays are a great investment for the canteen. Small sized patty cake cases or friand tins are also suitable.
- You can replace the pecans, sultanas and muesli with other varieties of dried fruit, nuts or wholegrain cereals these foods if you don’t have these specific types on hand.
Category: Select Carefully (amber)
* Nuts are a high allergy food. Check your school’s policy on nut allergies.
Recipe adapted from Food Challenges (2005), Home Economics Victoria and Sanitarium.