Sample menu for outside school hours care
Outside school hours care (OSHC) services can support children’s health and development by providing nutritious food and drinks at breakfast and/or afternoon tea times.
The following sample menus for OSHC are based on the Food and drink guidelines for outside school hours care.
- The first menu is for services with limited cooking facilities.
- The second menu includes meal and snack ideas that require additional preparation time or cooking facilities.
Click an image below to expand, or download as a fact sheet in Word or PDF at the bottom of the page.
Each day breakfast is based on:
Each day afternoon tea includes:
The menu does not include any of the following:
- Sweet drinks, such as soft drinks, fruit juice and fruit drinks, cordial, sports drinks, sports waters, flavoured waters, energy drinks and flavoured mineral water and iced teas.
- Confectionery, chocolate, jelly.
- Deep fried foods, such as hot chips.
- Pastry-based foods, such as pies, sausage rolls and pasties.
- Some processed meats, such as sausages, frankfurts, hot dogs, salami, strasburg, devon, some commercial chicken nuggets and fish fingers.
- Most fast food and takeaway foods.
- High fat and salt savoury snack foods, such as crisps, chips, biscuits.
- Ice-creams and ice confections.
- High sugar and high fat baked and packaged goods, such as cakes, some muffins, sweet pastries, slices, biscuits and bars.
Sample menu 1: Basic (limited cooking facilities)
Click to expand
Sample menu 2 (with cooking facilities)
Click to expand