Spinach and ricotta filo pie
|Ingredients||Serves 10||Serves 15||Serves 25|
|Frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry||650g||1kg||1.7kg|
|Ricotta cheese, reduced fat||650g||1kg||1.7kg|
|Parmesan cheese, grated||100g||150g||250g|
|Eggs, lightly beaten||3 medium||5 medium||8 medium|
|Freshly ground black pepper||to taste||to taste||to taste|
|Filo pastry||10 sheets||15 sheets||25 sheets|
|Olive oil spray||as required||as required||as required|
|Caraway seeds (optional)||to sprinkle||to sprinkle||to sprinkle|
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the onion and zucchini and cook until softened.
- Remove from heat and stir in spinach, ricotta, parmesan, eggs and pepper. Pour the mixture into a baking dish lined with baking paper.
- Loosely scrunch each filo sheet and arrange over the spinach mixture to form a crispy topping.
- Spray lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with caraway seeds (if desired).
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until eggs have set and pastry is golden.
- Serve cut into squares.
- Can be served hot or cold.
- Serve with salad for a light meal, or cut into smaller slices for a workplace meeting or catering idea.
Healthy Choices category: GREEN (Best choice)
Recipe adapted from Healthy Food Guidelines – Recipe book for supported residential services with permission from Nutrition Australia.
The nutritional information provided is based on the exact ingredients and method as shown. Any variation/s to the ingredients or method may alter the nutritional outcome.