g Best choice EF Egg free DF Dairy free VG Vegan V Vegetarian SF Soy free NF Nut free GF Gluten free FS Fish and shellfish free Main meal
This recipe was developed by chefs at Western District Health Service.
- Soak cannellini beans overnight in the cool room.
- Heat oil in large pot, sweat off onion, garlic and chilli.
- Add drained soaked beans and vegetable stock.
- Bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for approx. 1 ½ hours, or until beans are very soft.
- Blend soup with stick blender to smooth, add parsley and season with white pepper.
Written and reviewed by dietitians and nutritionists at Nutrition Australia, with support from the Victorian Government.