g Best choice V Vegetarian SF Soy free NF Nut free GF Gluten free FS Fish and shellfish free Snack Main meal
This recipe was developed by chefs at Western District Health Service.
- Pre heat the oven to 160oc.
- Grate the zucchini and put in a strainer, squeeze the excess moisture out of the zucchini and put into a bowl.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and sauté the garlic and onion until light brown, tip into the zucchini and mix.
- Beat together the feta and the eggs, tip into the zucchini mix and stir through, sprinkle over the besan flour and pepper, stir thoroughly again.
- Tip the mixture into a lightly sprayed and lined gastronorm tray and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until set and browned on top, allow to cool slightly before cutting into appropriate portion sizes. Serve hot or cold.
Written and reviewed by dietitians and nutritionists at Nutrition Australia, with support from the Victorian Government.