Garlic and chilli prawn kebabs
* NUT FREE * DAIRY FREE
|Ingredients||15 kebabs||25 kebabs|
|Garlic, finely chopped||3 cloves||6 cloves|
|Chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped||1||2|
|Olive oil||2 tablespoons||⅓ cup|
|Lime juice||2 teaspoons||1 tablespoon|
|Pepper (optional)||to taste||to taste|
|King prawns, raw, peeled||400g||750g|
|Red capsicum||2 medium||4 medium|
|Green capsicum||1 medium||2 medium|
|Red onion||1 medium||2 medium|
|Zucchini||2 medium||4 medium|
|Pineapple slices (canned), drained||250g||500g|
- Combine the garlic, chilli, oil, lime juice and pepper (if desired) in a large bowl and stir until well combined.
- Add the prawns to the mixture and toss to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Chop the vegetables into cubes approximately 2cm in diameter.
- Thread the vegetables onto the kebab skewers, alternating with the prawns. Leave 2cm free at each end of the kebab sticks.
- Heat a grill plate to high. Grill the skewers for 2 minutes each side, or until the prawns are cooked through.
- Serve immediately.
- For variation, try substituting the prawns with cubes of chicken, beef or tofu.
- For an alternative marinade, try olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and fresh parsley or oregano.
- Kebabs are easy to eat standing up or on the go, making them a great healthy takeaway or catering option.
- Serve with rice and salad for a healthy summer lunch.
Healthy Choices category: GREEN (Best choice)
The nutritional information provided is based on the exact ingredients and method as shown. Any variation/s to the ingredients or method may alter the nutritional outcome.