Mighty Valley deluxe chicken burger
- 1kg lean chicken mince
- ¾ cup (100g) breadcrumbs (plus extra breadcrumbs for covering patties)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup (30g) fresh mixed herbs
- 1 onion, grated finely
- 1 apple, grated finely
- 1 small carrot, grated finely
- 1 small zucchini, grated finely
- 12 freshly baked wholemeal or grainy rolls, sliced in half
- 12 cos lettuce leaves
- 10 tomatoes, sliced
- Plus any other healthy burger ingredients you like (e.g. capsicum, reduced fat cheese, pineapple or beetroot)
- Place all the burger ingredients into a mixing bowl and combine well.
- Divide burger mixture into 100g balls.
- Place each ball onto a board sprinkled with breadcrumbs, gently pressing each ball flat into a patty, covering both sides with breadcrumbs.
- Grill or oven bake patties, turning regularly to ensure they are cooked through.
- Place cooked patties into rolls with salad ingredients and serve.
Category: Everyday (green)
Recipe reproduced with permission of Templestowe Valley Primary School.
The nutritional information provided is based on the exact ingredients and method as shown. Any variation/s to the ingredients or method may alter the nutritional outcome.