g Best choice VG Vegan NF Nut free GF Gluten free EF Egg free DF Dairy free Main meal
This recipe was developed by chefs at Western District Health Service.
- Soak lentils in cold vegetable stock over night in cool room.
- Roast off cut vegetables with rice bran oil, turmeric, garlic and ginger
- Put all of the vegetables in a pot, de glaze roasting tray and add to the pot.
- Pour in lentils and vegetable stock, bring to a boil, turn down to a simmer and cook for 1-1 ½ hours or until lentils have broken down.
- Season with pepper and adjust consistency with water or more stock.