g Best choice Snack
This recipe was developed by chefs at Western District Health Service.
- Pre heat the oven to 160oc.
- Fill a bowl with boiling water, put the spinach in the water and leave for 1-2 minutes. Drain and squeeze all the excess water out, roughly chop.
- In a bowl put the chopped spinach, garlic, feta, tasty cheese, eggs, breadcrumbs, nutmeg, pepper, parsley, paprika and spring onions. Mix together thoroughly.
- Spray an appropriate size deep tray with real ease. Layer 5-6 sheets of filo in the bottom, wiping a bit of oil in between each of the sheets.
- Spread the spinach mixture on the filo and top the mix with another 5-6 sheets of filo, using the remaining oil in between the layers again.
- Wipe the top with the last little bit of oil and bake for 35-45 minutes or until set and browned on top.
Written and reviewed by dietitians and nutritionists at Nutrition Australia, with support from the Victorian Government.