g Best choice NF Nut free GF Gluten free EF Egg free DF Dairy free Main meal
This recipe was developed by chefs at Western District Health Service.
- Heat the oven to 150oc.
- Heat a pan or wide pot. Cut slits in the lamb and push in the garlic cloves.
- Seal the lamb in the pan until browned on each side.
- Deglaze the pan with a little bit of the stock and tip into a roasting dish.
- Line the bottom of the roasting dish with the onion and carrot.
- Rub the Tandoori paste over the lamb and put on top of the vegetables, squeeze the thyme in your hand and throw into the dish, on and around the lamb.
- Pour the remaining stock into the dish and cover with grease proof paper and foil.
- Put in the oven for approx. 3-3 ½ hour or until meat easily pulls of the bone.
- Allow to rest for 30 minutes under the foil then pull the meat off the bone using folks in a dragging motion. Mix the meat with the reserved pan juices. Refrigerate if not using straight away.
Written and reviewed by dietitians and nutritionists at Nutrition Australia, with support from the Victorian Government.