g Best choice NF Nut free V Vegetarian SF Soy free Snack
This recipe was developed by chefs at Western District Health Service.
- Bring the vegetable stock to a simmer in a separate pot.
- Heat the oil in a large pot, add the onion, carrot, celery, capsicum and garlic, sauté the ingredients off for 10-15 minutes or until soft and starting to brown slightly.
- Add the Arborio rice and fry off with the veg for a further 5 minutes, stir until the rice begins to make a pop sound.
- Turn the pot down to a low heat, slowly add the stock ladle by ladle until the rice absorbs all of the liquid. Mixture will sometimes not take all the stock, other times it may need a little more.
- Tip the risotto into a long deep tray and allow to cool, stirring the mix often.
- Add half the beaten eggs for 5 and 10 serves recipes and 10 eggs for the 50 serve recipe. Add the parsley and the pepper at the same time. Mix very well and allow to cool completely.
- Roll the mixture into balls a bit smaller than a golf ball.
- Mix together the remaining eggs and the milk, set up a crumbing station and crumb the arancini.
- Lightly spray the arancini with oil, cook them in a very hot oven for approx. 15 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- Serve hot, with garlic yoghurt.
Written and reviewed by dietitians and nutritionists at Nutrition Australia, with support from the Victorian Government.