Apple and raspberry bircher muesli
A quick, tasty and healthy breakfast idea.
|10 serves||15 serves||25 serves|
|Rolled oats||4 cups||6 cups||10 cups|
|Milk (reduced fat)||650mL||1 litre||1.6 litres|
|Pepitas (pumpkin seeds)||5 tablespoons||8 tablespoons||13 tablespoons|
|Orange zest||1 ½ teaspoons||2 teaspoons||3 ½ teaspoons|
|Raspberries (fresh or frozen)||250g||375g||625g|
|Natural yoghurt (reduced fat)||500g||750g||1.25kg|
|Pistachio nuts, toasted, chopped (optional)||5 tablespoons||8 tablespoons||13 tablespoons|
- Combine oats, milk, apple, pepitas and orange juice in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Stir orange zest through muesli, then divide between serving bowls and top with fresh raspberries, a dollop of yoghurt and pistachios (if using).
- Use strawberries or other seasonal fruits in place of raspberries if desired.
- Try using different nuts and seeds to vary the taste and texture. Hazelnuts or slivered almonds could be used instead of pistachios.
- Poached, stewed or canned fruits (e.g. pear, rhubarb, peaches or apricots) could be used in place of the raspberries to garnish the muesli.
- For an extra fruity version, puree 250g of raspberries to make a raspberry coulis, and add a small amount to the bottom of each bowl or glass before the muesli (as in picture).
Healthy Choices category: GREEN (Best choice)
The nutritional information provided is based on the exact ingredients and method as shown. Any variation/s to the ingredients or method may alter the nutritional outcome.