Chicken and mushroom casserole
* NUT FREE
|Ingredients||10 serves||15 serves||25 serves|
|Rice, long grain, raw||1kg||1.5kg||2.5kg|
|Canned diced tomatoes (no added salt)||700g||1kg||1.7kg|
|Canned cream of mushroom soup (reduced salt)||800g||1.2kg||2kg|
|Mixed herbs, dried||1 tablespoon||1 ½ tablespoons||2 tablespoons|
|Chicken, cooked, shredded||1kg||1.5kg||2.5kg|
|Parsley, chopped||½ cup||¾ cup||1 ½ cup|
- Cook rice according to packet instructions.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan, add onion and cook over a medium to high heat until transparent. Add garlic, mushrooms and celery and cook until soft.
- Stir in tomatoes, mushroom soup, dried herbs, cooked chicken and water; cook for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Mix in chopped parsley and serve with rice.
- To make this vegetarian, replace the chicken with equal quantities of canned chickpeas or butter beans.
- You can replace the fresh mushrooms with champignons. Champignons are often a cheaper alternative to mushrooms and will keep their shape when cooked.
Healthy Choices category: AMBER (Choose carefully)
Recipe adapted with permission from Healthy Food Guidelines – Recipe book for supported residential services, Nutrition Australia.
The nutritional information provided is based on the exact ingredients and method as shown. Any variation/s to the ingredients or method may alter the nutritional outcome.