Healthy fried rice
* NUT FREE * VEGETARIAN * DAIRY FREE
|Ingredients||10 serves||15 serves||25 serves|
|Rice, long grain (raw)||5 cups||7 cups||12 cups|
|Sesame oil||1 tablespoon||1 ½ tablespoons||2 tablespoons|
|Eggs, beaten||6 medium||10 medium||16 medium|
|Carrots, finely diced||3 medium||5 medium||8 medium (approx 500g)|
|Peas, frozen||1 ½ cups||2 ½ cups||4 cups|
|Red capsicum, finely diced||1 ½||2 ½||4|
|Soy sauce (salt reduced)||5 tablespoons (100mL)||7 tablespoons (140mL)||12 tablespoons (240mL)|
|Spring onions, chopped||5||7||12|
- Cook rice according to packet instructions.
- Heat half the oil in a large wok over high heat. Add the eggs and swirl to make an omelette. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes until cooked through, then slide onto a chopping board to cool.
- Heat the remaining oil. Add the carrot, peas and capsicum and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Slice the omelette into thin strips and return to the wok.
- Add the rice and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce and half the spring onions. Stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- Serve the fried rice garnished with the remaining spring onions.
- For a non-vegetarian variation, add lean bacon (fat removed) or cooked chicken breast at Step 3.
- Any frozen or seasonal vegetables can be used for this recipe. Zucchini and corn kernels are a good combination.
Healthy Choices category: GREEN (Best choice)
The nutritional information provided is based on the exact ingredients and method as shown. Any variation/s to the ingredients or method may alter the nutritional outcome.