Lemon and herb yoghurt dip
* VEGETARIAN * NUT FREE
|Ingredients||Serves 10||Serves 15||Serves 25|
|Natural yoghurt (reduced fat)||500g||750g||1.25kg|
|Chives, finely chopped||¼ cup||⅓ cup||⅔ cup|
|Flat leaf parsley, finely chopped||¼ cup||⅓ cup||⅔ cup|
|Mint, finely chopped||⅓ cup||½ cup||¾ cup|
|Capers, drained and chopped||1 tablespoon||1 ½ tablespoons||2 ½ tablespoons|
|Lemon rind, finely grated||1 ½ teaspoons||2 ½ teaspoons||3 ½ teaspoons|
|Garlic cloves, peeled||2||3||5|
|Pepper||to taste||to taste||to taste|
- Blend all the ingredients in a food processer until smooth.
- Refrigerate until required.
- For a healthy catering platter, serve dip with fresh vegetable sticks such as carrot, cucumber, celery and capsicum, and oven-baked wholemeal pita bread.
- This dip can also be used as a GREEN marinade. Coat lean meat or seafood with the dip, place on skewers and refrigerate overnight (ensure excess marinade is discarded). Cook on a hot grill and serve with steamed vegetables or salad.
- It also makes a healthy alternative to tartare sauce.
Healthy Choices category: GREEN (Best choice)
The nutritional information provided is based on the exact ingredients and method as shown. Any variation/s to the ingredients or method may alter the nutritional outcome.