Pasta with creamy basil and broccoli sauce
|Ingredients||10 serves||15 serves||25 serves|
|Broccoli, cut into small florets||500g||750g||1.25kg|
|Zucchini, chopped||2 medium||3 medium||5 medium|
|Garlic cloves, peeled||8 cloves||12 cloves||20 cloves|
|Basil leaves, fresh||2 cups||3 cups||5 cups|
|Cream cheese (reduced fat)||375g||550g||925g|
|Parmesan cheese, grated||½ cup||¾ cup||1 ¼ cups|
|Black pepper||to taste||to taste||to taste|
|Pasta (e.g. rigatoni, shell, orecchiette)||625g||900g||1.5kg|
|Parmesan, shaved (to serve)||½ cup||¾ cup||1 ¼ cups|
- Cook broccoli, zucchini and garlic in a large saucepan of boiling water for 3 to 5 minutes or until the broccoli is just tender and bright green. Take care not to over-cook.
- Using a slotted spoon, scoop vegetables and garlic into a food processor with ½ cup of the cooking water, basil, cream cheese, parmesan and pepper. Blend until a smooth sauce is formed.
- Using the same pot of water, cook pasta according to packet directions. Drain.
- Pour broccoli sauce into a separate saucepan, stir through the peas and cook, over low heat, for 3 minutes or until peas are just cooked. Add the cooked pasta and toss to combine.
- Serve pasta topped with a sprinkling of shaved parmesan and black pepper.
- Try adding cherry tomatoes, or cooked asparagus spears (chopped) in step 4 to add some extra flavour.
Healthy Choices category: GREEN (Best choice)
Recipe adapted from Healthy recipes with dairy foods with permission from Dairy Australia.
The nutritional information provided is based on the exact ingredients and method as shown. Any variation/s to the ingredients or method may alter the nutritional outcome.